Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Art room flashback

 This was my art room 8 years ago when I had lots of space to create  but since we have downsized to an apartment all this is now in a closet so funny as this room is close to being the size of  the apartment we now live in lol.




3/24/12 art room
We moved into a new place back in march and to my pleasant surprise there was a large L shaped finished room in the basement. It was dirty and trashed but I see a great art room here.

Here are some B4 photos of the room with all my crafting supplies piled up in the middle of it lol
Top right looking into the room from main door
Top left  looking into room from back storage area
Bottom  shots of the left side of the room
 

Let the painting begin :)
Top photos added an off white border to top right wall and painted the entrance wall off white.
Bottom photos painted under boarder and back wall light blue.
Top photos painted left wall light blue . Placed painters tape in the pattern I wanted.
Bottom photos Painted center section off white. Painted the side sections in chocolate brown.
Top photos Removed the painters tape. Painted Chocolate circles on back wall
Bottom photos Added off white circles to back wall.
The people the moved out left these 2 things in the back storage area they were broken and covered in cob webs so I cleaned them off, put them back together and painted them chocolate brown. Now they are my new storage units :)
I still have tons supplies to unpack but I am in the process of creating the different work stations and getting it all set up to my liking. I still need to set up a sections for  drawing /painting/ fiber textile arts/and crafting machines but I have some other main sections placed.
Top photos Looking into the room on the back wall is my clay and candle making stations. In the center of the back is a main crafting table. on  the right wall is my main crafting storage section. Lots of places to keep things. Love it Love it Love it :) I will also be adding the phrase " Creativity Makes Visible what might not have been seen" to the off white border on the right side wall.
Bottom photos on the left side of the room which is my jewelry making section Going to create an inspiration board to go on the off white wall. I will also be creating a photo box section to take pictures of finished projects by the main entrance.

Well This is my new art room for now hopping to have it all in order by the end of May.
So i can just kick back Listen to music and create all day :)

5 comments: